JAPAN: Government report defends whaling, pressure groups not convinced
The Japanese government was adamant last week that its practise of "research" whaling is essential if it is to discover how whales affect the world's fisheries. The annual report of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries was published last Tuesday, and sought to defend a practise condemned by many governments and pressure groups worldwide.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action