UK: Government reveals new funds for farming, but is it enough?
The Government's Comprehensive Spending Review, announced today by Chancellor Gordon Brown, offers some welcome new money for farming, environmental pressure group Friends of the Earth (FoE) said. Commenting on the Chancellor's promise to fund the core recommendations of the Curry report into the future of food and farming, FOE Food and Famring Campaigner Peter Riley said: The Chancellor has given DEFRA an overall budget increase. The detailed figures need careful checking to see whether Curry's full package has in fact been funded - the Chancellor's reference to core recommendations only is worrying in this respect.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review