UK: Government reveals new funds for farming, but is it enough?
The Government's Comprehensive Spending Review, announced today by Chancellor Gordon Brown, offers some welcome new money for farming, environmental pressure group Friends of the Earth (FoE) said. Commenting on the Chancellor's promise to fund the core recommendations of the Curry report into the future of food and farming, FOE Food and Famring Campaigner Peter Riley said: The Chancellor has given DEFRA an overall budget increase. The detailed figures need careful checking to see whether Curry's full package has in fact been funded - the Chancellor's reference to core recommendations only is worrying in this respect.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses