SWITZERLAND: Government set to compensate SDF dairy farmers
The Swiss government has announced it will pay out over SFr70m (US$47m) in compensation to around 7000 dairy farmers who were badly affected by the collapse of Swiss Dairy Food. The milk processing company went into receivership because of its enormous debts, still owing large sums of money to farmers. The government has pledged to repay around 80-90% of the money owed to farmers by the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast