SWITZERLAND: Government set to compensate SDF dairy farmers
The Swiss government has announced it will pay out over SFr70m (US$47m) in compensation to around 7000 dairy farmers who were badly affected by the collapse of Swiss Dairy Food. The milk processing company went into receivership because of its enormous debts, still owing large sums of money to farmers. The government has pledged to repay around 80-90% of the money owed to farmers by the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti