PHILIPPINES: Government to build research centre for tropical fruits
The Philippines might soon have its own centre to research its favourite type of food. Preparations are under way for the establishment of the Philippine Tropical Fruits Research Centre (PhilFruits). The Department of Agriculture (DA) said the development to be built in Davao will become a centre for excellence, particularly on the development of tropical fruits, their genetic preservation, protection and maintenance of germplasm. The centre will be spun off from the Bureau of Plant Industry's Davao National Crops Research and Development Centre (DNCRDC) located in Bago Oshiro, Mintal, Davao City.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat