PHILIPPINES: Government to build research centre for tropical fruits
The Philippines might soon have its own centre to research its favourite type of food. Preparations are under way for the establishment of the Philippine Tropical Fruits Research Centre (PhilFruits). The Department of Agriculture (DA) said the development to be built in Davao will become a centre for excellence, particularly on the development of tropical fruits, their genetic preservation, protection and maintenance of germplasm. The centre will be spun off from the Bureau of Plant Industry's Davao National Crops Research and Development Centre (DNCRDC) located in Bago Oshiro, Mintal, Davao City.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image