PHILIPPINES: Government to build research centre for tropical fruits
The Philippines might soon have its own centre to research its favourite type of food. Preparations are under way for the establishment of the Philippine Tropical Fruits Research Centre (PhilFruits). The Department of Agriculture (DA) said the development to be built in Davao will become a centre for excellence, particularly on the development of tropical fruits, their genetic preservation, protection and maintenance of germplasm. The centre will be spun off from the Bureau of Plant Industry's Davao National Crops Research and Development Centre (DNCRDC) located in Bago Oshiro, Mintal, Davao City.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs