PHILIPPINES: Government to build research centre for tropical fruits
The Philippines might soon have its own centre to research its favourite type of food. Preparations are under way for the establishment of the Philippine Tropical Fruits Research Centre (PhilFruits). The Department of Agriculture (DA) said the development to be built in Davao will become a centre for excellence, particularly on the development of tropical fruits, their genetic preservation, protection and maintenance of germplasm. The centre will be spun off from the Bureau of Plant Industry's Davao National Crops Research and Development Centre (DNCRDC) located in Bago Oshiro, Mintal, Davao City.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund