JAPAN: Government to establish scientific centre to study BSE
The Japanese government will establish a scientific centre to concentrate solely on the study of BSE, in a bid to find out how cattle become infected with the disease, and to devise the best means of diagnosing the condition prior to slaughter. For the first time in Japan, researchers will keep several dozen cattle in a bacteria-free isolation annex, and the animals will be infected with BSE to observe the disease's effect on the internal organs over several years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations