UK: Government to fast track research into vCJD treatment drug
The UK Government today pledged to fund further research into a potential drug treatment for the human form of mad cow disease, variant CJD. Experts in the US have completed studies that suggest that quinacrine may be a potentially valuable drug in the treatment of the deadly brain wasting disease, and the Department of Health has now asked the Government-funded
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week