JAPAN: Government to introduce beef traceability scheme
The Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries has started developing a system to numerically label beef products in a bid to enable consumers to identify the birthplace of the cow and the farms where it was raised. A pilot project will be launched in January with the link-up of a stock farm in Hokkaido with retailers in the Osaka Prefecture. It will be developed and implemented by the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth