UK: Government to respond to BSE report
The UK government will give its first formal response to a critical report on the handling of the BSE crisis today. They are expected to comment on recommendations on production and processing of beef, ahead of a parliamentary debate on BSE next week. The report, conducted by Lord Phillips last year, listed 167 recommendations following an exhaustive inquiry into the crisis. In the report, Lord Phillips, criticised the failure of the previous Conservative government and their officials to be open with the public about the possibility of BSE spreading to humans. The present government is expected to address criticisms of the way scientific advice is sought and acted upon by governments.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk