UK: Government to respond to BSE report
The UK government will give its first formal response to a critical report on the handling of the BSE crisis today. They are expected to comment on recommendations on production and processing of beef, ahead of a parliamentary debate on BSE next week. The report, conducted by Lord Phillips last year, listed 167 recommendations following an exhaustive inquiry into the crisis. In the report, Lord Phillips, criticised the failure of the previous Conservative government and their officials to be open with the public about the possibility of BSE spreading to humans. The present government is expected to address criticisms of the way scientific advice is sought and acted upon by governments.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review