JAPAN: Government to test all 1996-born cows for BSE
The Agriculture Ministry in Japan might enforce BSE tests on the brain tissue of all dead cows born in 1996. The ministry explained on Friday that the move is being considered in light of the fact that all four cows top have tested positive for the disease so far in Japan were born in March or April of that year. It estimates that about 26,000 cows born at the same time are still alive on Japanese farms.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival