JAPAN: Government to test all 1996-born cows for BSE
The Agriculture Ministry in Japan might enforce BSE tests on the brain tissue of all dead cows born in 1996. The ministry explained on Friday that the move is being considered in light of the fact that all four cows top have tested positive for the disease so far in Japan were born in March or April of that year. It estimates that about 26,000 cows born at the same time are still alive on Japanese farms.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target