SRI LANKA: Government to transfer ownership of CWE retail unit soon
The Sri Lankan government is to transfer the management and 40% ownership of state-owned Cooperative Wholesale Establishment's retail unit to a consortium led by Ceylon Biscuits later this month. The consortium won the bid in July for the Sathosa retail unit at a cost of around 700m Sri Lankan rupees (US$7.24m), but the handover was delayed for several weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry