THAILAND: Government urges patriotism on Valentine's Day
The Thai government is urging young couples to give traditional Thai sweetmeats as Valentine's Day gifts rather than foreign imports such as chocolate. People will be encouraged to buy a number of Thai sweetmeats, including glace durian and coconut jelly, and egg rolls filled with prawns and dried pork.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO