UK: Govt announcement of GM maize sites meets with pressure group anger
While the UK Government today [Friday] announced the location of the latest round of GM maize sites in England, environmental pressure group Friends of the Earth (FOE) warned that the sites will pose a pollution threat to neighbouring conventional and organic crops. There are 35 sites in England, but none in Wales. The Scottish Executive will make an announcement on any Scottish trials later today.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations