Graham's pumps GBP1m into spreads expansion
Graham's has invested GBP1m into spreadable butter production
Graham's The Family Dairy has announced a GBP1m (US$1.5m) investment at its Aithrey Kerse Farm plant to increase its capacity for spreadable butter production.
The company has added lighter and organic spreadable butters to its existing portfolio, which includes Scottish slightly salted spreadable Butter.
Graham's did not return requests for comment when asked how much it is increasing capacity.
Robert Graham, managing director of Graham’s The Family Dairy, said: "Graham’s Spreadable Butter is the only Scottish spreadable and is already the fastest-growing spread on the market, with sales up 76% year-on-year but this is just 4%of the market share. Our focus is growing our presence in retailers across Scotland before we look south of the border, as there is a lot to go at on our home turf. Looking further ahead, we’re also exploring the export market.
"Creating products like this is crucial in helping to give farmers an outlet for their milk. By launching these products, we’re not only boosting our own business but we’re also supporting the 98 dairy farmers who we work with throughout the country," he added.
The 500g lighter slightly salted spreadable Scottish butter is now on sale in Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury’s in Scotland, with an RRP of GBP2.80. Sainsbury’s is also stocking the 500g organic spreadable line, which has an RRP of GBP3.20.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016