Graham's pumps GBP1m into spreads expansion
Graham's has invested GBP1m into spreadable butter production
Graham's The Family Dairy has announced a GBP1m (US$1.5m) investment at its Aithrey Kerse Farm plant to increase its capacity for spreadable butter production.
The company has added lighter and organic spreadable butters to its existing portfolio, which includes Scottish slightly salted spreadable Butter.
Graham's did not return requests for comment when asked how much it is increasing capacity.
Robert Graham, managing director of Graham’s The Family Dairy, said: "Graham’s Spreadable Butter is the only Scottish spreadable and is already the fastest-growing spread on the market, with sales up 76% year-on-year but this is just 4%of the market share. Our focus is growing our presence in retailers across Scotland before we look south of the border, as there is a lot to go at on our home turf. Looking further ahead, we’re also exploring the export market.
"Creating products like this is crucial in helping to give farmers an outlet for their milk. By launching these products, we’re not only boosting our own business but we’re also supporting the 98 dairy farmers who we work with throughout the country," he added.
The 500g lighter slightly salted spreadable Scottish butter is now on sale in Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury’s in Scotland, with an RRP of GBP2.80. Sainsbury’s is also stocking the 500g organic spreadable line, which has an RRP of GBP3.20.
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report