AUSTRALIA: GrainCorp posts 74% fall in H1 net profit
Australian bulk grains handler GrainCorp has posted a 74% fall in net profit for the first-half to 31 March to A$9.8m (US$6.4m). GrainCorp, which also forecast a loss for the full year, blamed the prolonged drought in Australia for its poor performance. GrainCorp said revenues were down 20% to $304.7m compared to the year-ago period due to "significantly lower" grain intake cause by the drought conditions, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife