AUSTRALIA: GrainCorp sells stake in AWB
Australian agribusiness GrainCorp said it has sold it its entire stake of 8.7 million shares in Australian grain company AWB. GrainCorp said its investment in AWB had ceased to be a strategic investment because GrainCorp's purchase of Allied Mills with an Australian unit of Cargill late last year provided an "excellent avenue for supply chain growth and earnings diversification."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix