AUSTRALIA: GrainCorp sells stake in AWB
Australian agribusiness GrainCorp said it has sold it its entire stake of 8.7 million shares in Australian grain company AWB. GrainCorp said its investment in AWB had ceased to be a strategic investment because GrainCorp's purchase of Allied Mills with an Australian unit of Cargill late last year provided an "excellent avenue for supply chain growth and earnings diversification."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China