UK: Grampian closes chicken plant, sheds 547 jobs
UK food producer Grampian Country Food Group is to close a chicken plant at Newbridge near Edinburgh, with the loss of 547 jobs. The work carried out at the plant will be transferred to other facilities at Coupar Angus in Perth and Kinross and Cambuslang on the outskirts of Glasgow, the group said. The Newbridge plant had focused on preparing in-flight meals for airlines, but the downturn in air travel following the events of 11 September last year had hit demand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast