UK: Grampian closes chicken plant, sheds 547 jobs
UK food producer Grampian Country Food Group is to close a chicken plant at Newbridge near Edinburgh, with the loss of 547 jobs. The work carried out at the plant will be transferred to other facilities at Coupar Angus in Perth and Kinross and Cambuslang on the outskirts of Glasgow, the group said. The Newbridge plant had focused on preparing in-flight meals for airlines, but the downturn in air travel following the events of 11 September last year had hit demand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods