UK: Grampian to begin production of non-GM animal feed
Grampian Country Food Group announced today that it is to begin manufacturing all of its poultry and pig feed with non-GM soya by June 2001. This decision has been taken in light of the recent requests by several of our retail customers to remove GM soya from our animal feeds. Commenting on this announcement Alban Denton, Grampian's Feeds Division Managing Director said; "We have been in negotiations with our supply base for some time to source the volume of non-GM soya we require for our five feed mills. With the support of our retail partners we are now in a position to offer a non-GM poultry and pig feed with the guarantee that it has been sourced from a hard IP scheme. Consumers will have the confidence that the livestock fed by Grampian will consume a non-GM diet."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review