ITALY: Granarolo takes minority stake in Amalattea
Granarolo has taken a minority stake in goat's milk specialist Amalattea in a deal the Italian dairy group said would provide it with access to the growing category.
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. However, Granarolo said the companies would co-operate on shared production projects and product development to improve competitiveness.
Granarolo emphasised the move will diversify its business and provide it with a foot in the market for goat's milk products, which is growing - particularly overseas.
Greek food group Vivartia has secured distribution for its Delta Greek yoghurts and cheeses in France and Italy after a deal with Italian dairy firm Granarolo....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'
- ABF sees further grocery revival