USA: Grand Union receives final approval of sale to C&S Wholesale Grocers
The Grand Union Company (OTC BB; GUCO) announced that at a hearing held today at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Newark, NJ, Bankruptcy Judge Novalyn L. Winfield entered a final order approving the sale of 185 retail food operations to C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. and addressed virtually all of the objections brought by landlords and parties to other executory contracts. These matters were previously scheduled to be heard at the hearing held on November 30, 2000. By consent of the parties, certain limited objections are being rescheduled for future dates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife