USA: Grand Union receives final approval of sale to C&S Wholesale Grocers
The Grand Union Company (OTC BB; GUCO) announced that at a hearing held today at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Newark, NJ, Bankruptcy Judge Novalyn L. Winfield entered a final order approving the sale of 185 retail food operations to C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. and addressed virtually all of the objections brought by landlords and parties to other executory contracts. These matters were previously scheduled to be heard at the hearing held on November 30, 2000. By consent of the parties, certain limited objections are being rescheduled for future dates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti