CHINA: Great potential for domestic feed industry
Jia Youling, director of the Animal Husbandry and Veterinarian Department of the Ministry of Agriculture spoke recently of the growing importance of feed processing to the Chinese economy. There is much potential for development in this rising industry, for which China currently ranks second largest in the world. While 68m tons of feed are produced annually, animal husbandry still amounts to less than 30% of the overall agriculture output value. It is hoped however that this will grow significantly with the demand for animal products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action