UK: Green Isle buy out of Lacemont heralds further growth for Northern Foods
Green Isle has acquired the pizza and garlic bread manufacturer Lacemont . The Irish subsidiary of supermarket supplier Northern Foods paid US$14.6 for the company, in a bid to boost its frozen pizza division. The news of expansion comes hard on Northern Foods' posting of its largest-ever sales week during the run-up to Christmas, and an overall increase of sales by 4% during Q3. The company is also continuing with its share buy-back scheme, having already purchased 24m shares, and its £6m restructuring programme is progressing well.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti