CANADA: Green Lantern Wholesalers fined for violating food and drugs act
Newfoundland-based food distributor Green Lantern Wholesalers Ltd , was sentenced to pay a fine of C$1,800 within 90 days in Newfoundland Provincial Court last week, after registering a guilty plea to charges of contravening Subsection 24(2) of the Food and Drugs Act. Green Lantern admitted removing, between 1 and 20 September 2000, a cream cheese product that had been seized under the authority of the Act. It did this without the authority of an inspector..
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid