CANADA: Green Lantern Wholesalers fined for violating food and drugs act
Newfoundland-based food distributor Green Lantern Wholesalers Ltd , was sentenced to pay a fine of C$1,800 within 90 days in Newfoundland Provincial Court last week, after registering a guilty plea to charges of contravening Subsection 24(2) of the Food and Drugs Act. Green Lantern admitted removing, between 1 and 20 September 2000, a cream cheese product that had been seized under the authority of the Act. It did this without the authority of an inspector..
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1