FRANCE: Green light for Soufflet, Neuhauser merger
Neuhauser has merged with Soufflet Group
The European Competition Authority has approved a merger between the agro-industrial firm Soufflet Group and bakery firm Neuhauser.
Agreed on 27 May, the deal will see the Soufflet family acquire a majority share in Neuhauser which is an established player in the bakery, morning goods and confectionery industry, with eighteen manufacturing sites in France and Portugal.
"The upcoming merger should allow the Neuhauser Group to benefit from the Soufflet Group's support to consolidate its position and pursue its development," a statement on Soufflet's website read.
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: Nestle's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Nestle CFO Martello to move to head Asia unit
- Nestle sales rise on emerging markets, pricing
- Kerry Group launches Meateors meat snacks
- Mondelez launches whipped Philadelphia in UK
- UPDATE: Iglo Foods sold to Nomad for EUR2.6bn