FRANCE: Green light for Soufflet, Neuhauser merger
Neuhauser has merged with Soufflet Group
The European Competition Authority has approved a merger between the agro-industrial firm Soufflet Group and bakery firm Neuhauser.
Agreed on 27 May, the deal will see the Soufflet family acquire a majority share in Neuhauser which is an established player in the bakery, morning goods and confectionery industry, with eighteen manufacturing sites in France and Portugal.
"The upcoming merger should allow the Neuhauser Group to benefit from the Soufflet Group's support to consolidate its position and pursue its development," a statement on Soufflet's website read.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report