FRANCE: Green light for Soufflet, Neuhauser merger
Neuhauser has merged with Soufflet Group
The European Competition Authority has approved a merger between the agro-industrial firm Soufflet Group and bakery firm Neuhauser.
Agreed on 27 May, the deal will see the Soufflet family acquire a majority share in Neuhauser which is an established player in the bakery, morning goods and confectionery industry, with eighteen manufacturing sites in France and Portugal.
"The upcoming merger should allow the Neuhauser Group to benefit from the Soufflet Group's support to consolidate its position and pursue its development," a statement on Soufflet's website read.
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- On the money: Can Danone grow fresh dairy?
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Kerry sales, earnings rise but food weighs
- ABF continues to expect profit drop
- Irish Dairy Board to change name to Ornua