USA: Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. fiscal 2001 first quarter net income up 40.0% on revenue growth of 24.9%
Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR) today reported record quarterly sales and earnings for the Company's fiscal first quarter of 2001, the sixteen-week period ended January 20, 2001. Net sales increased 24.9% to $30,905,000 for the sixteen weeks ended January 20, 2001, compared to $24,742,000 for the sixteen weeks ended January 15, 2000. The area of the highest growth was the office coffee service channel, where sales of single-serve K-cup® coffee packages for the Keurig® brewing system drove the Company's year-over-year coffee pounds sold growth to 36.0% in the first quarter. Year-over-year coffee pounds sold in the supermarket and convenience store channels were also strong with quarterly growth rates of 18.4% and 15.9%, respectively.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch