USA: Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. fiscal 2001 first quarter net income up 40.0% on revenue growth of 24.9%
Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR) today reported record quarterly sales and earnings for the Company's fiscal first quarter of 2001, the sixteen-week period ended January 20, 2001. Net sales increased 24.9% to $30,905,000 for the sixteen weeks ended January 20, 2001, compared to $24,742,000 for the sixteen weeks ended January 15, 2000. The area of the highest growth was the office coffee service channel, where sales of single-serve K-cup® coffee packages for the Keurig® brewing system drove the Company's year-over-year coffee pounds sold growth to 36.0% in the first quarter. Year-over-year coffee pounds sold in the supermarket and convenience store channels were also strong with quarterly growth rates of 18.4% and 15.9%, respectively.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO