USA: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters acquires Frontier Organic Coffee business
Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR) announced that effective yesterday it has acquired Frontier Organic Coffee(TM) from Frontier Natural Products Co-op of Norway, Iowa. Green Mountain Coffee purchased the Frontier Organic Coffee brand, its trade information, and various other assets related to its coffee business from Frontier Natural Products Co-op for approximately $2.7 million in cash, including estimated transaction costs. The Company financed the acquisition through its existing line of bank debt. Frontier is one of the largest importers and roasters dedicated to 100% certified organic coffee in North America. Offering both bulk and packaged coffee, Frontier Organic Coffee's annual sales last year were over $3.5 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group