USA: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters acquires Frontier Organic Coffee business
Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR) announced that effective yesterday it has acquired Frontier Organic Coffee(TM) from Frontier Natural Products Co-op of Norway, Iowa. Green Mountain Coffee purchased the Frontier Organic Coffee brand, its trade information, and various other assets related to its coffee business from Frontier Natural Products Co-op for approximately $2.7 million in cash, including estimated transaction costs. The Company financed the acquisition through its existing line of bank debt. Frontier is one of the largest importers and roasters dedicated to 100% certified organic coffee in North America. Offering both bulk and packaged coffee, Frontier Organic Coffee's annual sales last year were over $3.5 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations