USA: Green Mountain Coffee sees net income up 9.3% in Q2
Waterbury, Vermont-based specialty coffee producer Green Mountain Coffee (GMC) yesterday [Thursday] reported sales and earnings for its twelve-week Q2, ended 13 April 2002. Total coffee pounds shipped for the quarter increased 8.7% to 3,166,000 pounds in the Q2, compared to 2,913,000 pounds in the prior year. Net sales increased 1.2% year-over-year to US$23m compared to US$22.7m. The difference between coffee pounds growth and dollar sales growth was due primarily to changes in sales mix, said GMC, driven by the continued successful expansion of business with Exxon Mobil Corporation convenience stores (ExxonMobil). The sales agreement with ExxonMobil, effective since February 2001, provides for lower coffee sales prices and a reduction in its direct purchases of accessories such as cups and lids, offset by lower delivery and ordering costs for GMC.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review