USA: Green Mountain Coffee sees Q3 growth lead by supermarket channel
Specialty coffee company Green Mountain Coffee (GMC) has reported net sales of US$22.98m for its Q3 ended 6 July, up 7.2% from US$21.44m year on year. Total coffee pounds shipped during the Q3 increased 5.8% to 3,105,000 compared to 2,935,000 pounds for the Q3 2001. GMC delivered its strongest growth for the quarter in the supermarket channel, where coffee pounds shipped increased 18.7% due primarily to year-over-year expansion of sales to two customers. Following two fiscal quarters of year-over-year declines in sales of Keurig K-Cups, there was slight improvement in the Q3 with a 1.1% increase in sales. The convenience store channel grew 1.5%. Usually a steady growth contributor, comparisons were impacted by high prior year Q3 shipments related to the initial inventory build by McLane Co, the distributor for Exxon Mobil Corporation convenience stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report