US: Greencore drives US growth with capacity expansion
Greencore expands US capacity
Greencore has announced plans to expand production in the US as it looks to step up growth in the market.
The Irish sandwich maker said it will invest US$5.8m to expand its Virginia food processing facility in a move that will create 350 new jobs at the facility.
"The facility in Fredericksburg produces food-to-go products for the region. The expansion is in line with our growth strategy for Greencore USA," a spokesperson for the group told just-food.
The group acquired the site from Marketfare Foods in April last year. The additional capacity will be used to service Marketfare's primary customer, 7-Eleven, as well as "a significant new contract" for the site.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review