CANADA: Greenpeace to invade Loblaws to label GE food on Friday
Greenpeace today announced it will invade a Loblaws in greater Toronto on Friday to let shoppers know what they're eating this holiday. "Canadians are fed up not knowing what they're eating," said Holly Penfound, genetic engineering campaigner at Greenpeace. "Greenpeace has worked with governments and corporations in good faith and still GE labels aren't here. With 95% of Canadians demanding to know what they eat, the time for talk is over. Greenpeace is taking action."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti