UK: Greggs reports rise in recent like-for-like sales
The UK's leading high-street baker Greggs has said its like-for-like sales increased by 2.0% over the last ten weeks. Greggs' group managing director Mike Darrington said profits for the last ten weeks were also ahead of the comparable period last year. The company, which operates more than 1,200 retail outlets throughout the UK, said total sales for the 18 weeks to 18 October were up 6.3%, while like-for-like sales rose 1.7%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail