NORWAY: Grilstad Fabrikker moves to Sweden in cost-cutting bid
Norwegian smoked meats manufacturer Grilstad Fabrikker has revealed plans to move part of its operations to Sweden. Anton Jenssen, managing director of the Trondheim-based company, explained that producing goods for export in Norway is not profitable in light of the country's high salaries and costs and the high exchange rate of the Norwegian crown.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant