CANADA: Grocery Gateway forecasts profitability within months
Canadian online grocer Grocery Gateway has said it expects to be profitable "in months and not years", helped by a boost in sales from recent deals with Sobeys and Home Depot. The Toronto-based retailer has recently made deals to sell Sobeys private-label brands and Home Depot products via its website. The Sobeys deal allows Grocery Gateway to sell around 1,500 Sobeys products under the Smart Choice and Our Compliments brand names.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch