USA: GroceryWorks and Randalls Food Markets team up to bring online grocery delivery service to Austin
GroceryWorks(TM), a Dallas-based online home fulfillment business, and Randalls Food Markets announced today that they are bringing home delivery to Austin area residents beginning mid-September. "Austin consumers are among the country's most Internet savvy, and we believe they will appreciate the value and convenience of online grocery shopping," said Gary Fernandes, CEO of GroceryWorks. "We are excited to join with Randalls to bring Austin a new way to shop for groceries and are committed to delivering the highest-quality products, superior customer service and at-home delivery convenience at Randalls in-store prices." In June, GroceryWorks formed an alliance with Safeway, the parent company of Randalls and Tom Thumb, to become the company's exclusive online grocery channel. Under the terms of this arrangement, GroceryWorks and Safeway will bring online grocery shopping to markets where Safeway operates. The service will operate in Austin as "GroceryWorks.com by Randalls." When the website is launched in mid-September, customers can find out if their neighborhood is included by entering their zip code after signing onto
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival