USA: Ground beef patties recalled due to E. coli
Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture Tommy Irvin is advising Georgians to check their freezers for certain ground beef patties that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The patties are being voluntarily recalled by the manufacturer, Emmpak Foods, Inc. of Butler, Wisconsin. The patties being recalled bear the establishment number "EST. 924A" inside the USDA mark of inspection. Product distributed at the retail level is labeled "Hamburger Patties 100% Pure Beef", packaged in 10-pound cases and marked with a case code beginning "2940."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO