USA: Ground beef patties recalled due to E. coli
Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture Tommy Irvin is advising Georgians to check their freezers for certain ground beef patties that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The patties are being voluntarily recalled by the manufacturer, Emmpak Foods, Inc. of Butler, Wisconsin. The patties being recalled bear the establishment number "EST. 924A" inside the USDA mark of inspection. Product distributed at the retail level is labeled "Hamburger Patties 100% Pure Beef", packaged in 10-pound cases and marked with a case code beginning "2940."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project