CANADA/US: Groupe Biscuits Leclerc buys Ancient Grain Bar brand from Go Pure Foods
Canadian biscuit firm Groupe Biscuits Leclerc has acquired the Ancient Grain Bar brand from US snack bar firm Go Pure Foods.
The deal, struck for an undisclosed sum, will see Groupe Biscuits Leclerc buy the "general concept" and equipment for Ancient Grain Bar, the Canadian company said yesterday (5 December).
"This acquisition fits our business vision and national brand future development strategy," Denis Leclerc, Groupe Biscuits Leclerc's president, said. "It's a concept that opens our lineup to new products based on natural ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, and grains."
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'
- ABF sees further grocery revival