FRANCE: Groupe Danone acquires 10.1% of National Foods
French food giant Groupe Danone has announced that it has acquired 10.1% of the outstanding share capital of Australian dairy giant National Foods. The acquisition was made through its Singapore-based Asia-Pacific holding company, Danone Asia Pte Ltd. Danone said that it has acquired a shareholding in National Foods to broaden its strategic options in the Australasian dairy industry. With €580m (US$) in sales for year 2001, National Foods is Australia's largest publicly listed dairy company. National Foods' core activities are fresh dairy foods and milk, where it has leading brands and market shares in its domestic market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods