FRANCE: Groupe Danone acquires 10.1% of National Foods
French food giant Groupe Danone has announced that it has acquired 10.1% of the outstanding share capital of Australian dairy giant National Foods. The acquisition was made through its Singapore-based Asia-Pacific holding company, Danone Asia Pte Ltd. Danone said that it has acquired a shareholding in National Foods to broaden its strategic options in the Australasian dairy industry. With €580m (US$) in sales for year 2001, National Foods is Australia's largest publicly listed dairy company. National Foods' core activities are fresh dairy foods and milk, where it has leading brands and market shares in its domestic market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant