FRANCE: Groupe Danone acquires 10.1% of National Foods
French food giant Groupe Danone has announced that it has acquired 10.1% of the outstanding share capital of Australian dairy giant National Foods. The acquisition was made through its Singapore-based Asia-Pacific holding company, Danone Asia Pte Ltd. Danone said that it has acquired a shareholding in National Foods to broaden its strategic options in the Australasian dairy industry. With €580m (US$) in sales for year 2001, National Foods is Australia's largest publicly listed dairy company. National Foods' core activities are fresh dairy foods and milk, where it has leading brands and market shares in its domestic market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid