USA: Groups urge appropriators to protect Farm Bill
The American Farm Bureau Federation and 21 other groups have asked the House Appropriations Committee to resist substantial policy changes as it prepares to provide funding for the new farm bill. "We strongly encourage you to reject efforts to include provisions which would substantially change the policies in the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002," the groups wrote in a letter to members and leaders of the Appropriations Committee and Agriculture Appropriations Subcommittee.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid