USA: Grower-owners reject sale of Ocean Spray
Grower-owners of the Ocean Spray cranberry cooperative have rejected a resolution, at the company's 70th annual meeting in San Diego, calling on the company's board of directors to explore a possible sale. A handful of the 900 growers in the cooperative have consistently lobbied the management of the Massachusetts.-based Ocean Spray to consider selling the brand in response to increased competition from industry giants, Coca-Cola and PepsiCo. Other growers voted 2-to-1 to reject the resolution.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund