CHINA/MEXICO: Gruma considers building plant in China
Mexican corn flour and tortilla maker Gruma has said it is considering building a plant in China. "If we start construction of a plant it will be by the end of 2004," Raul Cavazos, Gruma's chief financial officer, was quoted as saying by Dow Jones International News. Gruma currently exports product from its US operations to China. The company operates plants in Mexico, the UK, the US, Venezuela and five Central American countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project