CHINA/MEXICO: Gruma considers building plant in China
Mexican corn flour and tortilla maker Gruma has said it is considering building a plant in China. "If we start construction of a plant it will be by the end of 2004," Raul Cavazos, Gruma's chief financial officer, was quoted as saying by Dow Jones International News. Gruma currently exports product from its US operations to China. The company operates plants in Mexico, the UK, the US, Venezuela and five Central American countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs