Grupo Bimbo Madrid plant restructure sees 42 jobs at risk
Grupo Bimbo has announced a restructure at its Las Mercedes plant
Grupo Bimbo has announced a restructure at its Las Mercedes plant in Madrid, a move which sees 42 jobs at risk.
In a statement, the baked goods firm said the headcount reduction came from the closure of a "regular bread" production line.
Staff affected would be offered voluntary redundancy as well as transfers to a new plant being built in Azuqueca de Henares.
The restructure is part of the Industrial Transformation Plan 2020 between Grupo Bimbo and its social partners, announced a year ago which "aims to modernise the existing production process with a clear focus on competitiveness and product quality".
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea