Promo Tracker: Gu, Ben & Jerry's up discounts
Dessert brand Gü and Ben & Jerry's ice cream ramped up the discounts they offered to UK consumers in July, according to the latest data from the just-food Promo Tracker.
The two brands were among the five offering the highest average saving per promotion in July, the Tracker, compiled in association with mysupermarket-insights.co.uk.
The average saving per promotion was lower at five of the six retailers monitored. Morrisons' average saving of GBP0.45 was the same as in June.
The proportion of SKUs on promotion at Morrisons increased, although Sainsbury's saw the largest jump in lines on offer. In July, 40.9% of its SKUs were on promotion; in June, Sainsbury's had 34.9% on offer.
The percentage of lines on promotion at the four other retailers measured by the Tracker fell.
|Laverstoke Park Farm||£1.61||26.3%|
|Ben & Jerry's||£1.15||66%|
|Sainsbury's Taste the Difference||£1.1||34.2%|
|Waitrose Easy to Cook||£1.02||21.1%|
|Young's (Chilled & Frozen)||£0.96||40.5%|
|Menu from Waitrose||£0.95||7.8%|
|Reflets de France||£0.89||98%|
|Green & Black's||£0.74||41.6%|
|Oils & Vinegar||£1.32||15.97|
|Smoked & Marinated Fish||£1.17||15.5|
|Frozen Fish & Seafood||£0.95||31.09|
|Sugar & Sweetener||£0.81||10.14|
|Cooked, Prepared Meat & Poultry||£0.71||48.52|
|Fresh Ready Meals||£0.66||27.24|
Sectors: Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Fresh produce, Frozen, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Natural & organic, Private label, Retail, Seafood, Snacks, World foods
Sainsbury's today (9 January) reported that third-quarter like-for-like sales, excluding fuel, came in at 0.9%. While this represents a slow-down from the company's previous 31 consecutive quarters of...
UK grocery retailers are reportedly circling former HMV stores, which were put on the block after the music retailer went into administration last month....
UK meat processor Tulip has opened a new pork processing facility to meet business from key customer Waitrose and with an eye on export markets. ...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report