Promo Tracker: Gu, Ben & Jerry's up discounts
Dessert brand Gü and Ben & Jerry's ice cream ramped up the discounts they offered to UK consumers in July, according to the latest data from the just-food Promo Tracker.
The two brands were among the five offering the highest average saving per promotion in July, the Tracker, compiled in association with mysupermarket-insights.co.uk.
The average saving per promotion was lower at five of the six retailers monitored. Morrisons' average saving of GBP0.45 was the same as in June.
The proportion of SKUs on promotion at Morrisons increased, although Sainsbury's saw the largest jump in lines on offer. In July, 40.9% of its SKUs were on promotion; in June, Sainsbury's had 34.9% on offer.
The percentage of lines on promotion at the four other retailers measured by the Tracker fell.
|Laverstoke Park Farm||£1.61||26.3%|
|Ben & Jerry's||£1.15||66%|
|Sainsbury's Taste the Difference||£1.1||34.2%|
|Waitrose Easy to Cook||£1.02||21.1%|
|Young's (Chilled & Frozen)||£0.96||40.5%|
|Menu from Waitrose||£0.95||7.8%|
|Reflets de France||£0.89||98%|
|Green & Black's||£0.74||41.6%|
|Oils & Vinegar||£1.32||15.97|
|Smoked & Marinated Fish||£1.17||15.5|
|Frozen Fish & Seafood||£0.95||31.09|
|Sugar & Sweetener||£0.81||10.14|
|Cooked, Prepared Meat & Poultry||£0.71||48.52|
|Fresh Ready Meals||£0.66||27.24|
Sectors: Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Fresh produce, Frozen, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Natural & organic, Private label, Retail, Seafood, Snacks, World foods
Sainsbury's today (9 January) reported that third-quarter like-for-like sales, excluding fuel, came in at 0.9%. While this represents a slow-down from the company's previous 31 consecutive quarters of...
UK grocery retailers are reportedly circling former HMV stores, which were put on the block after the music retailer went into administration last month....
UK meat processor Tulip has opened a new pork processing facility to meet business from key customer Waitrose and with an eye on export markets. ...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016