PHILIPPINES: Guard towers and barbed wire to protect Monsanto's latest trial farm
Biotech giant Monsanto Philippines will implement stricter security measures when it undertakes another controversial field trial of its Bacillus Thuringensis (Bt) corn in a few weeks. A more secure trial farm is necessary, according to Liza Parreno, Monsanto's field supervisor, to prevent militant environmental groups destroying the area, as they did during the last Bt trial in Tampakan, South Cotabato, in August this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid