US: Gunther Grant launches Got Chocolates vegan fudge
Gunther Grant subsidiary Got Chocolates has launched a vegan gluten-free fudge product.
The company said the product was developed in response to consumer demand, with shoppers at Whole Foods Market approaching the company and asking for a vegan product.
The fudge will initially be available through the Got Chocolates website for US$14.99 per pound, the US confectioner said.
Gunther Grant, Subsidiary Got Chocolates, Inc. Announces Vegan Fudge MARKET FOR VEGAN FOOD CONTINUES TO EXPLODE
EAST ISLIP, N.Y., Sept. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Gunther Grant, Inc. (OTC Pinks: GNGR) announced today that its subsidiary, Got Chocolates, Inc., has created a non dairy Gluten Free Vegan Fudge in response to consumer demand for a gourmet fudge without animal or dairy products in the recipe.
The idea for Vegan Fudge evolved when several consumers approached the Got Chocolates display at a Whole Foods Market farmer's market inquiring if the fudge was vegan. Seeing an opportunity, the CEO instructed his development team to expedite the creation of this new product. Within a week, the team had created a Gluten Free Vegan Fudge. They accomplished this by using the same quality natural ingredients as their regular fudge and replacing the cream with almond milk and the butter with coconut oil. The outcome is a smooth and creamy mixture.
The Vegan Fudge retails at $14.99 per pound and consumers can buy direct online at the Got Chocolates, Inc. web store - http://www.gotchocolates.com/veganfudgenew.html
"The ability to see a need, create an item for that demand fast and bring to market in just a few days is something our larger competitors cannot do without months of planning, board approval and major research and development. With over 16 million vegetarians in the U.S. with about half of these being vegan, the market for vegan food continues to explode. We are excited to bring this opportunity to the market to fulfill consumer demand and provide another revenue source for our Company, stated Grant Newsteder, CEO of Gunther Grant, Inc.
About Gunther Grant, Inc.
Gunther Grant, Inc. owns controlling interest and manages various companies in the confections industry that specialize in chocolate production, confection technology, mold production, and specialty advertising. The Company owns Got Chocolates, Inc., www.GotChocolates.com, www.WonkaChocolates.com, Supercrave.com, www.logococo.com, and the rights to produce BETTY BOOP confections. Through its subsidiaries, Gunther Grant, Inc. has been producing chocolates for retailers and wholesalers for over 35 years.
Original source: Gunther Grant
News that Safeway's long-standing CEO, Steve Burd, is to retire in May has spawned greater uncertainty among some analysts about the retailer's competitive position....
Whole Foods Market supplier United Natural Foods has said it is disappointed not to have reached a deal with the Teamsters trade union in the two groups' latest talks....
United Natural Foods and the Teamsters trade union will hold fresh talks as customers voice disquiet over the ongoing worker strike in Washington state....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report