BRAZIL: H1 sales, profits up at dairy group Vigor
Vigor improved underlying margins
On a consolidated basis, which includes the contribution from Itambe, Vigor posted net earnings of BRL50.4m (US$22.2m), compared to a loss of BRL10.9m. Vigor's consolidated EBITDA jumped from BRL17.5m to BRL166.6m.
The company's sales felt the impact of the acquisition of 50% of Itambe, with net revenue almost tripling to BRL185.7m.
Vigor did see a drop in its gross margin, which fell from 30.8% to 26.8%.
The group's underlying results included higher net income, EBITDA, net revenue and gross margins. Vigor pointed to moves to drive efficiency and improve its product mix as reasons for its higher profitability.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during April 2014....
Retailing posted strong positive growth in value terms in 2013. Non-store retailing was the most dynamic thanks to the accelerated expansion of internet retailing, but certain categories among store r...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details