BRAZIL: H1 sales, profits up at dairy group Vigor
Vigor improved underlying margins
On a consolidated basis, which includes the contribution from Itambe, Vigor posted net earnings of BRL50.4m (US$22.2m), compared to a loss of BRL10.9m. Vigor's consolidated EBITDA jumped from BRL17.5m to BRL166.6m.
The company's sales felt the impact of the acquisition of 50% of Itambe, with net revenue almost tripling to BRL185.7m.
Vigor did see a drop in its gross margin, which fell from 30.8% to 26.8%.
The group's underlying results included higher net income, EBITDA, net revenue and gross margins. Vigor pointed to moves to drive efficiency and improve its product mix as reasons for its higher profitability.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during April 2014....
Retailing posted strong positive growth in value terms in 2013. Non-store retailing was the most dynamic thanks to the accelerated expansion of internet retailing, but certain categories among store r...
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea