BRAZIL: H1 sales, profits up at dairy group Vigor
Vigor improved underlying margins
On a consolidated basis, which includes the contribution from Itambe, Vigor posted net earnings of BRL50.4m (US$22.2m), compared to a loss of BRL10.9m. Vigor's consolidated EBITDA jumped from BRL17.5m to BRL166.6m.
The company's sales felt the impact of the acquisition of 50% of Itambe, with net revenue almost tripling to BRL185.7m.
Vigor did see a drop in its gross margin, which fell from 30.8% to 26.8%.
The group's underlying results included higher net income, EBITDA, net revenue and gross margins. Vigor pointed to moves to drive efficiency and improve its product mix as reasons for its higher profitability.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during April 2014....
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Ambient Meat category in Brazil, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution channels, ...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Cooked Meats - Counter category in Brazil, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution ...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Cooked Meats - Packaged category in Brazil, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable dat...
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer