AUS: H1 sales up at retail giant Coles
Coles, Australia's second-largest food retailer, has reported a near-5% increase in half-year sales.
The company booked a 4.7% rise in revenue for the six months to 30 December. Sales from its food and liquor division were up 5%. Comparable sales from its food and liquor stores increased to 3.8%.
Coles said sales from its convenience stores grew 4%, although revenue from fuel boosted the result. Excluding petrol sales, comparable sales from Coles convenience stores dropped 2.2%.
MD Ian McLeod said Coles had seen increased volumes across the group. "The response to our initiatives has been encouraging, with a record number of customers and almost A$1bn (US$1.04bn) of sales achieved in the week leading up to Christmas. In particular, our customers are increasingly recognising the quality of our fresh food offer," he said.
Click here for the full release.
Food Retail in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains des...
This report provides a concise overview of the Bakery & Cereals market in Australia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural t...
Coles, Australia's second-largest grocer, has paid fines totalling more than A$60,000 for alleged misleading country-of-origin claims....
Everyday low prices have been the order of the day in 2011-2012 at the major supermarket retailers, Coles and Woolworths, ever since the introduction of A$1 per litre private label milk in late Januar...
This report provides a concise overview of the Confectionery market in Australia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural tren...
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- The bitesize interview - The Kids Food Co.
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's