AUS: H1 sales up at retail giant Coles
Coles, Australia's second-largest food retailer, has reported a near-5% increase in half-year sales.
The company booked a 4.7% rise in revenue for the six months to 30 December. Sales from its food and liquor division were up 5%. Comparable sales from its food and liquor stores increased to 3.8%.
Coles said sales from its convenience stores grew 4%, although revenue from fuel boosted the result. Excluding petrol sales, comparable sales from Coles convenience stores dropped 2.2%.
MD Ian McLeod said Coles had seen increased volumes across the group. "The response to our initiatives has been encouraging, with a record number of customers and almost A$1bn (US$1.04bn) of sales achieved in the week leading up to Christmas. In particular, our customers are increasingly recognising the quality of our fresh food offer," he said.
Click here for the full release.
This report provides a concise overview of the Bakery & Cereals market in Australia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural t...
Everyday low prices have been the order of the day in 2011-2012 at the major supermarket retailers, Coles and Woolworths, ever since the introduction of A$1 per litre private label milk in late Januar...
Coles, Australia's second-largest grocer, has paid fines totalling more than A$60,000 for alleged misleading country-of-origin claims....
This report provides a concise overview of the Confectionery market in Australia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural tren...
This report provides a concise overview of the Ice Cream market in Australia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends th...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Other Dairy in Russia