USA: Montana firm recalls ground beef products for possible E. Coli O157:H7
Montana Quality Foods and Processing is voluntarily recalling approximately 270 pounds of fresh ground beef that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7, the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has announced. The products subject to recall are packaged in boxes of various weight and sizes. Each box is labeled "GENERAL CUSTER BRAND MEATS. ESTABLISHED 1946" and contains case codes of "23-1," "23-2," "23-3," or "23-4". The establishment code "EST. 7679" is located inside the USDA seal of inspection. Each box contains 10 pound bags, which bear the label "Ground Beef," and the company name and "EST. 7679".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target