USA: Montana firm recalls ground beef products for possible E. Coli O157:H7
Montana Quality Foods and Processing is voluntarily recalling approximately 270 pounds of fresh ground beef that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7, the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has announced. The products subject to recall are packaged in boxes of various weight and sizes. Each box is labeled "GENERAL CUSTER BRAND MEATS. ESTABLISHED 1946" and contains case codes of "23-1," "23-2," "23-3," or "23-4". The establishment code "EST. 7679" is located inside the USDA seal of inspection. Each box contains 10 pound bags, which bear the label "Ground Beef," and the company name and "EST. 7679".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti