UK: Haagen-Dazs claims first handheld premium ice cream
Luxury ice cream maker Haagen-Dazs is to launch what it claims is the UK's first premium handheld ice cream product.
The Cream Crisp, which consists of ice cream sandwiched between two wafers, will be positioned as an 'in-home' product, rather than competing with ice creams on sticks or ice cream cones, reported Marketing.
The company plans to back the launch with a £2m (US$3.6m) marketing campaign, which will include sponsorship of the London Fashion Week-End, from 23-26 September.
The Cream Crisp brand, which will be sold in vanilla and caramel flavours, will primarily be available in upscale grocers such as Harrods and Harvey Nichols.
Sectors: Ice cream
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO