US: Hain acquires health group BluePrint
Hain acquires BluePrint
Hain Celestial has acquired US natural and organic raw juice and bar company BluePrint.
The New York-based group is a "nationally recognised leader" in the cold-pressed juice category, Hain said. The company also sells fruit and nut bars, the BluePrintBar, exclusively via US online retailer FreshDirect.
Hain said that the acquisition is expected to be accretive to its fiscal 2013 earnings. Financial details were not disclosed.
Hain Celestial Announces A Strategic Acquisition In US
N.Y., Nov. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAIN), a leading natural and organic products company providing consumers with A Healthy Way of Life announced that it had entered into a letter of intent to acquire lifestyle brand BluePrintTM, a nationally recognized leader in the raw juice category based in New York City. BluePrint is a marketer and manufacturer of raw, organic cold-pressed fruit and vegetable juices including BluePrintCleanse, a raw juice cleanse program designed to detoxify the body; BluePrintJuice, a line of juices; and BluePrintBar, a raw fruit and nut bar. The founding management team of Zoe Sakoutis and Erica Huss will continue to manage all aspects of BluePrint reporting to John Carroll, Chief Executive Officer, Hain Celestial United States. "We are pleased to be expanding into the juice category with BluePrint, an innovative leader. We look forward to working with Zoe, Erica, Jim DePietro, BluePrint's Chief Operating Officer and the entire BluePrint team and to expand BluePrint into a global business," said Irwin D. Simon, Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hain Celestial. The acquisition, which is expected to close by the end of calendar year 2012, is expected to be accretive to Hain Celestial's earnings in fiscal year 2013. Details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Original source: Hain Celestial
Hain Celestial has added a raft of products to its portfolio in the US, including the launch of its UK soup brand New Covent Garden....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020