US: Hain acquires health group BluePrint
Hain acquires BluePrint
Hain Celestial has acquired US natural and organic raw juice and bar company BluePrint.
The New York-based group is a "nationally recognised leader" in the cold-pressed juice category, Hain said. The company also sells fruit and nut bars, the BluePrintBar, exclusively via US online retailer FreshDirect.
Hain said that the acquisition is expected to be accretive to its fiscal 2013 earnings. Financial details were not disclosed.
Hain Celestial Announces A Strategic Acquisition In US
N.Y., Nov. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAIN), a leading natural and organic products company providing consumers with A Healthy Way of Life announced that it had entered into a letter of intent to acquire lifestyle brand BluePrintTM, a nationally recognized leader in the raw juice category based in New York City. BluePrint is a marketer and manufacturer of raw, organic cold-pressed fruit and vegetable juices including BluePrintCleanse, a raw juice cleanse program designed to detoxify the body; BluePrintJuice, a line of juices; and BluePrintBar, a raw fruit and nut bar. The founding management team of Zoe Sakoutis and Erica Huss will continue to manage all aspects of BluePrint reporting to John Carroll, Chief Executive Officer, Hain Celestial United States. "We are pleased to be expanding into the juice category with BluePrint, an innovative leader. We look forward to working with Zoe, Erica, Jim DePietro, BluePrint's Chief Operating Officer and the entire BluePrint team and to expand BluePrint into a global business," said Irwin D. Simon, Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hain Celestial. The acquisition, which is expected to close by the end of calendar year 2012, is expected to be accretive to Hain Celestial's earnings in fiscal year 2013. Details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Original source: Hain Celestial
Hain Celestial has added a raft of products to its portfolio in the US, including the launch of its UK soup brand New Covent Garden....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis