UK: Hain adds to New Covent Garden line-up
The soups will comprise four variants
Hain Celestial has added to its New Covent Garden Soup Co. offering in the UK with the launch of a line of premium "world-inspired" soups.
The soups will comprise the following variants: Mexican Chilli Chicken; Caribbean Sweet Potato; Moroccan Tagine; Thai Chicken with Lemongrass; Indian Chicken Biryani; and Spanish Patatas Bravas & Chorizo.
The 600g packs will have an RRP of GBP2.40 (US$3.80) and will be supported by a nationwide advertising campaign this winter highlighting New Covent Garden's roots using the tagline: "Fresh from our kitchen to yours".
FRESH KITCHEN FOCUS FOR NEW COVENT GARDEN
New Covent Garden, Britain's best-selling chilled soup brand, is going back to its roots, bottling the magic of New Covent Garden and focusing on its key attributes of creativity and expertise in fresh soup.
The multi-million move, backed by national TV advertising, will re-inforce how New Covent Garden chefs produce the best possible taste, led by a new core message: Fresh from our kitchen to yours. The wide-ranging initiative includes exciting new product development, distinctive new pack designs and range extensions. "We'll be highlighting that our soups are made by cooks with a passion for producing the best-tasting fresh soup that's full of flavour," says Nigel Parrott, Hain Daniels Group Marketing Director.
The NPD will be led by the launch in September of a new, premium, ‘world-inspired' range, Tastes of the World. MORE... FRESH KITCHEN FOCUS - 2 The 600g packs will have an rrp of £2.40 and the range will comprise the following varieties: Mexican Chilli Chicken; Caribbean Sweet Potato; Moroccan Tagine; Thai Chicken with Lemongrass; Indian Chicken Biryani and Spanish Patatas Bravas & Chorizo. "We're providing a taste adventure for food lovers looking for more interesting and exciting tastes in fresh food," adds Nigel Parrott.
"Whilst the Tastes of the World range provides real inspiration, the flavours are all accessible and will appeal to the mainstream." At the same time, more prominence is being given to the New Covent Garden brand name on pack and clearer flavour descriptors.
Meanwhile, New Covent Garden's core range of 26 SKUs will feature in eye-catching new pack designs for maximum on-shelf impact, including clearer product descriptors.
In addition to nationwide TV advertising this winter, New Covent Garden Soup will benefit from below the line support through PR, web and sales promotion. - ends - Information issued on behalf of Hain Daniels by MTJ Associates. For more details, please call Martin Jackson or Alex Preston on 01772 421442. Issue date: August 2012
Original source: Hain Celestial
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- MP calls for probe into Bernard Matthews "sale"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report