UK: Hain Celestial invests in Norfolk facility upgrade
The upgrade will include the installation of new production facilities and the upgrade of equipment to meet “growing demand” for the range of meat-free products, crumbles and hot eating desserts produced at the site
Hain Celestial has announced a multi-million pound investment to upgrade a frozen food site in the UK.
The investment at the Fakenham facility is expected to create around 150 jobs, its local Hain Daniels subsidiary said.
A spokesperson for Hain Daniels said the jobs will predominantly be "on shop floor and in production".
Products manufactured at the site include the Linda McCartney meat-free range and own-label frozen desserts.
The upgrade will include the installation of new production facilities and the upgrade of existing equipment in order to meet "growing demand" for the range of meat-free products, crumbles and hot eating desserts produced at the site.
Work on the upgrade has already commenced, with completion scheduled for autumn.
"It's great news for the local economy as we will be able to provide long term employment and excellent career prospects for people looking to join one of the UK's most progressive food companies," said Hain Daniels chief executive Rob Burnett.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- MP calls for probe into Bernard Matthews "sale"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report